Support Grant for International Students at the University of Fukui
The University of Fukui (hereinafter UF) offers a support grant to future international students of UF, based on candidates’ prior academic achievement and personal character.
Amount of support grant and number of recipients (for AY2019)
80,000 yen/ student
Approximately 5 students in total for the 2019 Academic Year
* Recipients from each program cannot exceed 2 students.
Qualifications and conditions
If you wish to apply for the Support Grant for International Students at UF in 2019, you must be enrolled at a university outside of Japan as a full-time student and satisfy all of the following conditions:
- Have excellent academic performance and character.
- Start/Plan to start study at UF during the 2019 (April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020).
* Special Auditing Student with credit and Special Research Student with no credit in “University of Fukui Student Exchange Program” are not eligible for this support grant.
- Receive no other financial support for the study at UF, such as scholarship or assistance for travel expense, currently or in the future.
- Participate in a program organized by UF faculty or staff for more than 2 weeks.
* Students of universities or institutions without an academic exchange agreement with UF must participate in a program which has potential for a future academic agreement binding with UF.
Please read the Application Guidelines and submit the following documents to the respective office in charge through the supervisor of your program at UF at least one month before the program starts:
Submission of report
Successful support grant recipients are required to submit “Completion Report of Support Grant for International Students at the University of Fukui” (Form 4) to the respective office in charge (see below) within 10 days after they finish their program at UF.
Office in charge
- Bunkyo ／ Tsuruga Campus
International Affairs Division (located in Student Commons)
TEL: +81-776-27-8406 E-mail: email@example.com
- Matsuoka Campus
International Affairs Division (located in Academic Affairs Office for Matsuoka Campus)
TEL: +81-776-61-8849 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
→ For Japanese version, click here