Study @ UF

HOME >  Study @ UF  >  Visa and Residence Card Information  >  Starting a part-time job

Starting a part-time job

Starting a part-time job

With “Student” status on your residence card, you are only allowed to engage in activities related to your studies or research as a foreign student while in Japan. Therefore, if you want to have part-time job, you must obtain permission. It is illegal to work without permission. It is not required to obtain permission for working as TA or RA on campus, but working as SA or tutor need the permission.

You need to submit below documents for applying working permission at the immigration office. Approval by UF is also required, so please be sure to notify IAD.


Required Documents

  • Application form
  • Report for engaging in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted
  • Passport
  • Residence card


★After obtaining the permission, please inform IAD.

※If you already obtain permission but start new part-time job, please inform IAD about that.